ACADEMIC YEAR 2016-2017
- Pianists of all nationalities are now invited to apply between the ages of 9 to 18. Only seven students are accepted into the Academy.
- Students who apply and are accepted are committed to participate in the activities of the program. Full tuition scholarship is given to accepted students.
- There will be a $35.00 non-refundable application fee.
- The application deadline will be Sept 30th, 2016. All materials must be received at MIMA by this date. No exceptions.
- MIMA strongly encourages students to submit electronic applications. The application process must be complete and include the following:
- Completed online application form.
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Live audition. Students who live outside South Florida should send by email a high-quality YouTube or other video link. They can also send a labeled DVD with a minimum of 30 minutes of representative repertoire from three different style periods: baroque, classical, romantic, contemporary, etc. It should be labeled with the applicants name, age, and repertoire. CDs will not be accepted.
- A brief professional biography and a photograph (8×10) for publicity purposes (bios and photos can also be sent electronically).
- International students, please contact the Academy office prior applying for necessary information.
- Accepted students will be notified by September 30th, 2016. Acceptance form is due by October 5th, 2016.
- To apply online click here or send your scanned application and materials to email@example.com DVD's and other materials can be sent to:
South Florida Friends of Classical Music
ATT: Miami International Music Academy
8333 NW 53rd St #450
Doral, FL 33166